WHO WE ARE
After 5 years of organizing and managing events, training courses for referees and seminars on Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) rules for athletes and coaches in Spain, the international delegation of the FIJJD federation detects the need to create a circuit national competitions divided into stages so that events can be held in different regions of the country. From there, in 2019, the first national Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) circuit in Spain was born, the SPAIN BJJ TOUR. With this new Tour proposal we have gained the trust and support of other organizers of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu events in other European Countries and these organizers invited us to help organize their events and give continuity to the SPAIN BJJ TOUR project in a way wide, expanding this work to more countries of the European continent and thus being able to organize our model of events in other countries that we had not yet been present, arising the need in 2023 to create the EUROPE BJJ TOUR. With the EUROPE BJJ TOUR we will be able to provide athletes from other European countries with the facility to participate in our events also in their territory.
The EUROPE BJJ TOUR is organized in collaboration with local entities, sports clubs, associations or federations, under the rules of the main International Jiu-Jitsu Federations in the world, such as the AJP, IBJJF and FIJJD.
Purpose of the EUROPE BJJ TOUR:
– Interact and strengthen Clubs, Federations and Associations.
– Stimulate the practice and inform the public of Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) as a sport.
– Prepare and train teachers and instructors by conducting courses and seminars.
– Promote National and International events.
– Project and reveal national athletes for international events.
– Create a compatible calendar for the programming of Federations and Academies/Schools/Clubs/Teams.
– Review the Norms and Rules annually in a general consensus.
Jiu-Jitsu from athlete to athlete.
Joao Luiz Barreto Boaventura
Director | Europe BJJ Tour